The BGZ stands for successful project implementation. We promote international cooperation by designing and implementing projects in Berlin and abroad. We are bound by the political guidelines of our associates and know the ins and outs of EU and federal development policies. Our international team implements projects and supports our partners with professional expertise and sound language skills. We have access to a well-established network that includes partner institutions in Berlin and in almost all EU countries.
- develop a tailor-made project idea with our partners;
- translate the project idea into a concept ready for proposal;
- convert the ideas into task-packages and calculate the realistic funding requirement;
- seek further suitable partners for our project in Berlin and abroad;
- research funding options promptly and extensively;
- undertake communication with the donor;
- stand out with our high success rate and sustainable project results.
In the event of approval, we
- implement task-packages such as public relations, transfer and mainstreaming;
- manage transnational cooperation;
- draft all contractual basic principles of the collaboration;
- advise the partners on all issues involved in the realization of the project;
- monitor the project activities in progress: quality assurance, budget control, time management and implementation;
- prepare reports, documentation and recommendations for action.
With their experience and competence, the BGZ has been a great support. Not only did they co-write and successfully submit our funding application, they have also taken over the national and trans-national coordination and monitoring of our projects. Considering that there are eight institutions and four countries involved in the partnership, that is an immense task.Mary Whalen – Managing Director of EPIZ – Center for Global Education in Berlin